1. Materials provided – Review materials on their own time and choose options based on your class (age appropriate, space, etc.)
2. Director Joe available on site – answering questions, supplying resources, and intervening when needed.
3. Classroom guidelines – Marion Cares uses the same classroom guidelines as the Linn-Mar school district. Linn-Mar At- Risk Elementary and Middle School staff provide recommendations for issues and/or student involvement.
4. Two People work as a team – Each class has a minimum of 2 volunteers (2 adults OR 1 adult and 1 high school youth) All volunteers go through a background check.
5. 90 or less minutes each week – We do have substitutes when there is a conflict.
6. Training – Volunteers receive 1 hour of training/feedback time every other month. A volunteer handbook is given to each volunteer.
Click on the Volunteer Tab to see where we need YOU!