PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Executive Director leads the implementation of the vision and mission of Marion Cares under the direction of
and in cooperation with the Marion Cares Board of Directors. This individual will equip and lead the Marion Cares team towards greater effectiveness in their areas of oversight and in advancing the mission and vision of Marion Cares.
ABOUT MARION CARES
The mission of Marion Cares is to share Christ’s love with the families in our community. We provide families with advocacy, connections, and services to meet their basic needs. We strive to become a community connector and collaborator that brings together families in need with the resources that are needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are fundamental duties that an individual who holds the position must perform. This is not an exhaustive list.
Leadership and Management
- Oversee administration and the strategic plan of the organization
- Supervise staff and preside at regularly scheduled meetings
- Convey the vision and culture of Marion Cares
- Maintain policies and procedures for all functions and day-to-day operations of the organization
- Supervise project operations
- Set goals with specific tasks to accomplish each calendar year and submit to the Board
Fundraising and Marketing
- Manage the planning and operation of the budget
- Maintain communication with current donors and seek out new potential donors
- Manage fundraisers and write grants
- Handle any requests for assistance
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and churches to leverage resources aligned with the mission of Marion Cares
Other Duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays strong organizational leadership and management skills, problem solving and decision making
abilities, flexibility in a fluid environment, initiative, team building and leadership development
- Strong budget management skills
- Persuasive and passionate communicator
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Mission-driven and Gospel-minded
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strategic, leadership experience with religious or 501(c)3 nonprofits a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate walking, standing, climbing, pushing and pulling, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Ability to regularly lift equipment 20 pounds or more. Work outside (occasionally) and inside.
Speaking and Active Listening.
Employee shall not be required to be a resident of the Marion community but should demonstrate a strong
connection to the community and/or key stakeholders or partners of Marion Cares.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Pam Schultz, Marion Cares Board Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to be part of Marion Cares?
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to Chris Thomas, Marion Cares Board President